الأربعاء، 19 يوليو 2017

[Poll] Why I’m happy Samsung ditched physical navigation keys on the Galaxy S8

Unless you’ve been living under a rock for the past couple of months, I’m sure you’re aware that Samsung opted for a set of on-screen navigation keys for the Galaxy S8 — and I’m especially pleased with its decision, because I was never really a fan of the physical Home button arrangement on its former flagships.

As I’ve said in the past, the Galaxy S6 edge+ is my favorite smartphone Samsung’s released to date, so much so that I decided against picking up the Galaxy S7 to continue using it. One thing I noticed after owning the handset for a year, however, was that the Home button had become loose.

After inspecting a couple of Galaxy-branded devices I’d previously used as my daily driver, including the Galaxy Note II and Galaxy S5, I came to the conclusion that it wasn’t only a problem with my particular unit; physical keys losing their tightness is actually a common fault with Samsung’s smartphones.

You may think that I’m being petty, because let’s face it, most buttons have some play in them. But when I’m spending in the region of $600 to $800 on a smartphone, I expect the buttons to feel sturdy after at least a year of use. There’s no reason for them to wobble when they’re pressed.

That’s why when I found out that Samsung had decided to use software navigation buttons on the Galaxy S8, I was over the moon. That wasn’t the only reason, though. I knew you’d be able to change the order of the keys, and having the option to hard-press the Home button to wake the device was the icing on the cake.

Galaxy S8 Tip: How to change the order of the on-screen buttons

Now you’ve heard from me, I’d like to hear from you. Is the physical Home button on your Galaxy-branded smartphone a little loose? Are you happy with the software buttons on the Galaxy S8? Be sure to cast a vote in the poll below and let us know your thoughts in the comments section below.

Note: There is a poll embedded within this post, please visit the site to participate in this post's poll.

from SamMobile http://ift.tt/2tfbPFS
via IFTTT

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق

جميع الحقوق محفوظة لمدونة الغريب 2013