الأربعاء، 20 مارس 2019

I thought I wasted money with the ceramic Galaxy S10+, until I dropped it

When my ceramic Galaxy S10+ arrived and I opened it up, I was disappointed. The ceramic model is heavier than the regular one, but that’s not an issue compared to the fact that the ceramic version is considerably smoother at the back and, therefore, more slippery. Since I was always going to use it with a case, I wondered if I should have saved money and gotten the regular S10+ instead. That was until I dropped my ceramic S10+ and it came out of the ordeal unscathed.

Well, it didn’t come out completely undamaged. The drop dented the top left corner of the metal frame ever so slightly and chipped the paint off almost exactly at the opposite end of the metal frame. But that’s about it. Maybe I was lucky, and the fall did take place from just around a two feet height, but when I found the glass on the phone hadn’t cracked on the front or back, I realized that the damage may have been worse with the regular Galaxy S10+. Again, perhaps this was just good luck that the glass didn’t crack, but it made me feel slightly elated that I purchased the ceramic Galaxy S10+.

And the ceramic back is stronger for sure, as the folks over at CNET found in their drop test. Does it warrant putting in extra money, though? Well, if you’re someone who uses their phone with a case, I don’t think the ceramic model is worth it. If you don’t use a case, then the ceramic model may be a good choice. Of course, everyone should be using a Galaxy S10 with a case considering how the phone isn’t very easy to repair and how things like screen replacement will cost a pretty penny, but the ceramic model certainly makes sense for the courageous kind who use a $1,000 phone without protection.

Don’t forget: Samsung is only selling the non-ceramic S10+ with 128GB storage, so case or not, anyone wanting the S10+ with 512GB or 1TB of storage automatically gets the ceramic benefits as well. Have you purchased the ceramic Galaxy S10+? How are you liking it and how much did it cost for you? Sound off in the comments and do check out our Galaxy S10e review and our Galaxy S10+ review if you haven’t already!

The post I thought I wasted money with the ceramic Galaxy S10+, until I dropped it appeared first on SamMobile.



from SamMobile https://ift.tt/2YaRRfj
via IFTTT

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق

جميع الحقوق محفوظة لمدونة الغريب 2013