الأربعاء، 6 مايو 2015

Samsung Galaxy S6 edge Clear View Cover debacle

A few days ago I bought a Clear View Cover for my  Galaxy S6 edge, which in my opinion is the most beautiful case ever designed by Samsung. The Clear View cover shows you the time in a wonderful manner, and when someone calls you, you can answer or decline through the front “glass” and even turn on the loudspeaker, all without flipping open the case.

However, when you receive a notification, no interaction is possible through the case’s glass, and you only see the notification’s icon in the status bar. This has raised a few questions in my mind – why can’t a cover like this let me interact with notifications but allows me to answer my phone calls? Furthermore, why should I have to open the Clear View cover to even see what notifications I have? Why can’t I simply control all these basic functions as I can when I’m taking calls? If it’s a Clear View Cover, shouldn’t it act as a window instead of something that only protects your phone and shows you the time?

Samsung’s finest smartphone case is actually a big failure thanks to the lack of functionality, and that is a sad thing.

Of course, it’s logical that you can’t control the entire phone, though it would be very handy if you could interact with your notifications, or use the camera. Samsung’s finest smartphone case till date is actually a big failure thanks to the lack of functionality, and that is a sad thing. As a result, I would not recommend this case to anyone, especially at the price it is selling for right now. This cover could have been much better and we hope Samsung will bring out newer iterations with more functionality, like HTC did with its Dot View case for its One flagships.

As usual, we’ve sent out findings to Samsung and are waiting for an official statement, which will hopefully offer an explanation on why the case lacks functionality like it does.

clear view cover

clear view cover_002

clear view cover_001



from SamMobile http://ift.tt/1P00Etr
via IFTTT

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق

جميع الحقوق محفوظة لمدونة الغريب 2013